These DIY paper leaves are super easy and would be adorable when incorporated into a balloon arch or table centerpiece for a chic brunch. I was inspired by the foliage at our wedding venue to make these.
- card stock or poster board
- sharp scissors
- bone folder
- Decide in the size of leaves you want and the type you want to
create. You will need to use either a sheet of card stock for smaller,
of poster board for larger leaves. I used a mix of the two. A variety of sizes
mixed together will give you a pretty layered result.
- Draw you leaves and cut them out. It’s ok to mess up here. The
jagged and wavy edges give you leaves a textured look that’ll look
better in the end. I looked up images of tropical leaves and vines and
then free-handed my sketches form there. I varied each leaf from one
- Once your leaves are cut out, you will use your bone folder to give
them some texture. This will give them more structure and mimic their
natural shape. Look at your picture of your leaf and decide the shapes
you want to imprint into the leaf. I made a vein/stem going down the
middle, and then strokes going from the middle stem to the outer ends of
- I did the middle stem on the front side of the leaf since it has a
naturally concave shape that folded in. I turned the leaf over and
imprinted the smaller veins on the back side. This part is all really up
to you and how you want to get creative.
- Once you’ve added in your texture, you’re good to go!
If you do make these pretty paper leaves, please share you project with us over on Instagram using the hashtag #ChasingCozy!