You all know my blog is about making your spaces cozy in a way that works for you. No matter your circumstances, there are always small things you can do to improve your space in a way that makes you feel good.
Here are 23 affordable and attainable ways to add a touch of cozy to your home.
- Candles. Pick out a signature scent for your home. It’s so easy to go nose blind in your own house! You’ll love having a fresh aroma in the air when you walk in. I like to even have a different scent for every season. Candles make the best gifts, too 😉
- Candle snuffer. This will prevent smoke when you wan to extinguish a candle. Plus, these are cute enough to store on your coffee table or bookshelf and act as a piece of decor.
- Put a fluffy rug or soft slippers next to your bed so its the first thing you feet feel in the morning.
- Coffee table books. These are great for styling your coffee tables and giving your decor more levels instead of placing your candles, vases and accessories all directly on the table.
- Frame art your children or you make. You made it for a reason, you should hang it and enjoy it! You can always replace them when you make something new!
- Throws. Add throws to your couches or chairs for guests to cozy up on. If you’re like me and have nice decorative throws that you refuse to let your spouse use, store these on a wall hook in your room or in a pretty basket.
- Throw pillows. Change these out seasonally and buy inserts so you can just change the pillow covers. This is much more cost effective and allows you to wash the covers if needed.
- Make your bed. There’s nothing better than coming home after a long day and hopping into crisp, clean bedding.
- Decorate your bar cart. This will add a festive touch to your home.
- Stock your pantry with the basics in case the baking bug hits you. This way you don’t have to schlep yourself to Target at 10 p.m. in your sweats and slippers. (GUILTY of this)
- Have three amazing dinner recipes you know you’re awesome at making every time without fail.
- Decorate for each holiday you love. You can switch out some of your smaller pieces and keep your normal staples to get that festive feel without spending your whole paycheck.
- Add kits to your guest room and bathroom when you have people over or friends staying with you. This will make everyone feel so welcomed into your home.
- Have cohesive towel sets. You can find more affordable and still plush towels to create your set.
- Use a shampoo and conditioner or a body wash you love. I tend to spend a bit more on my body wash in the cooler months to give extra hydration to parched skin. It’s nice to treat your body well, it’s the only one you’ve got!
- Add a wreath or florals to your front door. It’s always nice to come home to this special touch.
- Or, add a charming door knocker. We had one of these on he house I grew up in and I always miss it.
- Have music or a fireplace on instead of the TV when guests are over. This encourages conversation instead of having everyone staring at a screen.
- Invest in a full length mirror. No more awkwardly popping your leg up to see if your shoes match your outfit.
- Have both tea and coffee handy in the pantry. It’s nice to have your guests preference when they are over. If you know your bestie likes a specific tea, grab some on your next trip to the grocery store.
- Have stamps on hand and write letters often. You’d be surprised how good it feels.
- Organize your pantry so you can always see what you have on hand. If you use baskets and containers, use clear ones so you can easily see the goods.
- Make something for your home. It’ll be exactly what you want and show some of your own character in your space.
For more cozy ideas, check us out on Pinterest!
SHOP THIS POST
This post contains affiliate links.
Leave a Reply