I’ll start with a disclaimer: I’ve never been a huge fan of Valentine’s Day. It’s just not my thing. With the recent move to Michigan and our wedding coming up, I felt like this year it would be nice to celebrate “us” and appreciate the fact that we are able to live together and be together. We don’t have any plans yet, but I’m hoping they include dinner in our new city (hint hint, James).
This hairstyle is one that is easily completed in less than five minutes and can be dressed up or down. That’s my speed. I love including different hair accessories depending on the season and this ponytail gives the perfect canvas to do so.
The steps are simple and do not require a ton of tools.
You will need:
The steps are:
1. Brush the major tangles out
2. Put your hair in a low pony using the clear hair elastics. The messier the better. Wrap a section of hair around to cover the elastic, and tuck it into the elastic under the ponytail to hide he tail.
3. Create a section by using a second elastic a few inches down, depending on how long your hair is.
4. Pull the sides of your first section to add more volume and create a “bubble” effect.
5. Repeat to create a second “bubble.” I only added in two this time, but you could do as many as you like.
6. Add in your favorite hair scarf or scrunchie and you’re ready for cocktails.
TIP: The dirtier your hair, the better. I have straight hair and dirty hair is the only way for me to get any type of texture or wave to stay.
Head over to my Instagram account and let me know what your best hair styling trick is!
This post contains affiliate links.