Click any item to shop!
18 THINGS YOU CAN DO WHILE ON HOLD
Being on hold on your phone is the ultimate time waster. Frankly, there are few things more frustrating to be hit with in the middle of your busy day than “your current wait time is…35 minutes.”
Here are a few things you can do while on hold:
+ Chop and prep your vegetables- I made homemade home fries this morning with this recipe
+ Catch up on deleting your spam inbox
+ Clean your makeup brushes
+ Give yourself an at-home facial- I like to keep some of my masks and oils in my mini fridge
+ Organize your closet
+ Organize your fridge and wash the shelves
+ Wash your face- I’m a big fan of the Michael Todd Beauty Soniclear
+ Make a grocery list
+ Unsubscribe from spam email lists
+ Clean out your camera roll on your phone
+ Give yourself an at-home manicure- The secret is cuticle oil
+ Trim all your candle wicks- candle tips from an expert on this post
+ Brush your dog/snuggle
+ Get rid of expired cosmetics and goopy nail polishes
+ Sanitize/ wipe down your electronics
+ Prune your plants
+ Browse Pinterest- I update my account regularly with home decor and cute DIYs
+ Paint a denim jacket- DIY here
This post contains affiliate links that I may make a small commission from.
MULES FOR SUMMER TO FALL
Living in a state that definitely experiences all four seasons, I understand the importance of investing in pieces that work for multiple seasons.
One of my favorite shoe is the mule. They add an instant chic factor to any ensemble. I’m listing some of my favorite mules in this post that you can style for both summer and winter! You can scroll through to see my eight favorite transitional mules.
This post contains affiliate links.
TEN THINGS I LOVE TO DO ON THE WEEKEND
Here are 10 things I love doing on the weekends.
- Go to the farmer’s market. You can’t beat local organic produce, meat, cheeses and baked goods for a fraction of the price.
- Experiment with any new hairstyle or makeup I’ve been wanting to try. Trying these looks out on the weekends puts much less pressure on you to get it right. I’m one of those people where the less I try, the better my hair looks. Don’t ask me why, it’s just how it is.
- Throw the ingredients in the bread maker and do laundry while it bakes. You really can’t beat the smell of fresh bread.
- Catch up on reading while burning one of my favorite candles. I try to alternate fiction and non-fiction so I’m always learning about something new or getting lost in a different story. Of course, my favorite candles depending on my mood and the season, so there are a lot.
- Snuggle up with Archie and James and switch on a documentary or a movie. I’m more of a documentary person, James is more of a movie person. If I am to be persuaded, it would be with a comedy.
- COFFEE. Making a pour over cup of piping hot coffee makes the morning feel intentional. It only increases my love of my morning routine and gives me time to straighten out my brain for the day.
- Enjoy a nice face mask. After my pour over cup, I like to take a face mask out of my mini fridge and enjoy it while chillin’ on the couch and catching up on my water intake. It’s good for your skin!
- Craft a new piece of home decor for my home. Often times I like to craft an item rather than buy it. Usually, it’s the case that I can’t find exactly what I want, so I make it. This adds a cozy personal touch to your space.
- Send friends letters and packages. I like to do this at least once a month. Writing a physical letter or packing up a bundle of goodies forces you to slow down and think of the person you’re sending it to. Not only does this brighten someone else’s day, it allows you to reflect on and cherish that friendship.
- Take time to get re-inspired. Working nonstop during the week (or, the hustle, as it’s called) can be draining. I find that I don’t do my best creative work when I’m completely drained and worn down. I like to re-inspire myself by looking through magazines and clipping images, scouring Pinterest for pretty pictures, or by listening to my favorite podcasts.
This list is very focused on self-care and living intentionally. I tend to be very hard on myself, as I guessing a lot of us are, so taking this time is very important to prevent burning out.
This post contains affiliate links.