Hi everyone! Thank you for stopping by my blog to read. I’ve recently had a few new folks around here, so I thought I’d share a little more about myself.
Here are five facts about me:
1. I swam competitively for eight years. The smell of chlorine brings back so many fun memories with friends. Swimming is what made me a hard worker when I was younger. Without swimming, I would have never met James, but that’s a story for another post.
2. My favorite food of all time is medjool dates. I LOVE food in general but these take the cake. My mom introduced me to them and I think that’s why they have always held a special place with me. If you haven’t tried a date with a little cream cheese and a pecan, you’re missing out. The grocery store that most consistently has good quality dates at a reasonable price is Trader Joes.
3. James and I adopted Archie, our Italian greyhound x chihuahua mix in 2017 when we were in Oklahoma. This breed is lovingly referred to as a “greyhuahua” by fanatics (like me). I texted James a picture of Archie from an adoption event when he was gone on a work trip and told him I just NEEDED this little dog. The next day I went to the Humane Society to visit with him one more time. We had a dog when James got home (sorry not sorry).
4. Some places I currently want to travel to are Croatia, Greece, Iceland and Italy.
5. I love the smell of books. I spent hours and hours in the library with my grandma as a child. It was one of my favorite places. I wanted to learn to read so badly when I was younger, but I don’t read as much anymore. When I do sit down with a good book I can disappear into it for hours. Non-fiction and biographies are my favorites. (Add that to the list of things that perpetuate my “Granny L” nickname)
If you’ve made it this far through the list, stop by my lasted Instagram post and let me know a fact about yourself!