Tent camping is something James and I have enjoyed from childhood, and something we have shared together since we started dating.
It’s definitely not everyone’s cup of tea- I get that. I do think there are ways we like to improve upon our campsite that make it so much cozier!
In this post I’m going to share a quick list of tips for giving your outdoor adventure an upgrade.
- Don’t put your sleeping bag right on the ground. Get an air mattress or cot and put your sleeping bags on top.
- If you don’t love smoky flavor added to your food from cooking on the camp fire, get yourself a small camp stove. These run off of little propane tanks and you’ll be whipping up campsite gourmet in no time.
- Add some string lights to you campsite. These will improve the ambience and make your experience more festive. Plus, no one likes fumbling around with only a flashlight.
- Upgrade your s’mores! Try dark chocolate or peanut butter cups instead of the traditional milk chocolate. Maybe even try making your own marshmallows!
- Bring a portable premade dessert with you to enjoy after a long hike. These mini lemon bundt cakes will keep well in a cooler and are refreshing for summer!
Here are some of my favorite camp upgrades!
I hope you enjoyed these tips and will share your cozy campsites with us over on Instagram!
This post contains affiliate links.
Leave a Reply